7.12.2009

The New Casa on the Aqua












The question has been posed frequently as to how yacht living works and how it differs from everyday home or city life. I guess for me, even in my little exposure, it seems more logical and efficient for pure living and involves the highest level of cleanliness and organization. It has been liberating to slough off the excess, the unreasonable, and false fulfilling, to go back to the basics of a mere 15 drawers and a closet, and the paradoxical living of minimalism but in the world of excess, still enjoying the finest foods and wines, and living in a bikini, shorts, and tshirt daily. How did I ever wear suits and heels every day? How did I put makeup on daily to just go to the grocery, and maybe hit a yoga class or grab a drink? I think priorities continue to evolve and change in life, and that is just the beauty of growth and being open to change and what change can bring in our lives.










The last three months on several different yachts (it's a little like Baracuda hunting---you go where the work is, and where the yacht is). And, I'd be more honest and frank about where I've been but that conflicts with confidentiality agreements, and so for the purpose of the blog, I may use different names and different vessel names, etc. My day ends laying down in a nice comfy large bed, looking out of a circular window watching the moon beam down on the water, and begins looking out of that same circular window (yes, what Villa-O in Dallas tries to achieve decoratively speaking in the bar) on the open water. I have been cooking primarily, with a bit of physical therapy intertwined but not enough to really mention, for the most upscale but wonderful and gracious people. I have to snorkel or dive once a week (yes, really tough work), and travel with the boat when chartered or when the owners decide to utilize their yacht. I must say that this life has been nothing of pure ease in which to transition, and neither one that is for the lazy. However, this is the closest to rockstar living that I will ever near as nothing is of normalcy.








What is next????? After a few weeks in the most remote areas of the Bahamas, almost accessible to only yacht and water-plane owners, I am being lazy (wow, feels so nice) in Naples, enjoying the beach, fishing, cooking for 1-4 rather than 15 people, and a bed that fails to rock me to sleep at night. The future holds some larger, possibly newly-built vessels in Europe, and most likely, more traveling. We are all traveling in life, this journey of ours, and so while we are, we must make the best of it.




Cheers!!!























No comments: